Corporate Communications and Public Relations Director
Summary of Qualifications
Dynamic, results-driven Communications and Public Relations Manager with over 25 years of experience in the development and delivery of strategic marketing and public relations communications programs for businesses of all sizes and industries. Innovative and self-motivated leader who creates solutions for clients, colleagues, and the company as a whole. Strong communication skills to work with individuals of all professional levels and personal backgrounds. Outstanding management skills to lead successful projects, teams, and operations. Proven record in achieving goals.
Strategic Corporate Communications and Public Relations · Comprehensive Plans · Design, Development, and Production
Client Relationships · Project Management · Performance Tracking and Metrics · Improvements to Current Programs
Team Training and Leadership · Internal and External Collaboration · Industry Standards and Regulations · Best Practices
ü Consistently met or exceeded objectives in all positions.
ü Received high marks on all performance reviews and excellent scores on client satisfaction surveys.
ü Managed multiple marketing personnel and committees through targeted plans and motivational leadership.
ü Increased business and recognition on an international level for the Animal Law Center through a successful print, social media, and broadcast campaign.
ü Secured national exposure for Neuromonics treatments via trade publications and national network coverage.
ü Streamlined the e-commerce platform for IHS, which drove greater sales.
ü Consolidated the number of IHS web pages by 50% while enhancing product messaging.
ü Produced an award-winning holiday video that saved $10,000 over traditional print cards.
ü Won many awards throughout career, including the Silver Key Award from the Business Marketing Association.
ü Regularly receive compliments from clients and colleagues for delivering excellent results and service.
Current and Recent Experience
Public Relations Consultant | Holzberlein Communications | Denver, CO 2009 – Present
Own and manage a successful business offering all-encompassing public relations services to organizations of varying sizes and industries that include The Betty Ford Center Children’s Program, The American Indian College Fund, The Animal Law Center, Neuromonics, Sophono, ValveXchange, Fluonic, and Nurotronic.
· Personally work with clients from inception of each project until completion. Build rapport and develop solid working relationships while gathering requirements, presenting options, and delivering services. Serve as the main point-of-contact throughout the process for information, questions, and issues.
· Create strategic public relations plans and tactics that are customized for each client. Design, produce, and manage content for print, online, and broadcast usage. Track and analyze results from all PR efforts.
· Provide additional services that include media training, social media management, marketing communications, crisis communications, and video production.
· Manage all operational, administrative, financial, and legal aspects involved in running a business. Create and monitor reports, spreadsheets, and databases for annual business plans, P&L statements, customer information, accounts payable and accounts receivable, payroll, inventory, and taxes.
Marketing Communications and Web Content Manager | IHS | Denver, CO 2009 – 2010, 2014 - 2015
Began employment in 2009 to reformulate the website for the PLC Division and was asked back in 2014 to recreate multiple sections of the website totaling 330 pages to fit newly adopted format and design.
· Managed page reviews, editing, SEO, and publications under strict timelines.
· Trained marketing personnel on best practices for content creation, style, and fitting within the new site.
Marketing Communications and Executive Video Producer | ProLogis | Denver, CO 2006 – 2009
Recruited to initiate multimedia projects and create strategic content for marketing and communication campaigns.
· Produced multimedia pieces and video presentations for internal and external use. Created content for Web 2.0 projects. Authored web, newsletter, brochure, and ad copy.
Previous experience from 1988 until 2006 includes positions as Director of Programs and Public Relations for AeA Mountain States Council, Market and PR Consultant for JGS & Associates, Director of Corporate Communications for Circadence Corporation, and Director/Editor/Anchor for KMGH TV. More information on these positions can be provided on request.
Education, Certifications, and Training
Bachelor of Arts Degree in American Studies | University of Notre Dame
Completed numerous courses, seminars, and training sessions on topics related to Strategic Planning, Written and Verbal Communications, Public Relations, Client Account Management, Business Administration, Leadership, and Human Resources.
Windows and Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher)
Website Creation, Management, and Optimization (WordPress, FrontPage, HTML, Tridian, SEO)
Public Relations Tools (CisionPoint, PRWeb, PRNewswire)
Business and Technology Services (Cognizant)
Company and industry-specific systems for data collection, analysis, sharing, and reporting
Web-based applications for online research and communication
Active volunteer for non-profit organizations that include ACG Denver and Notre Dame Club of Denver, contributing marketing expertise to public relation plans, marketing collateral, social media platforms, club announcements, and newsletters.
More Information on Kurt Holzberlein